Tips for your next award-winning (or just a regular) radio commercial.
- Repeated use of “Sunday”
- “Now is the best time to buy”
- Honky sound effects
- Screeching sound effect
- Born to be Wild song as a metaphor
- RTB disguised in a dialog
- Lists of product side effects
- Overly emotional pleas
- Movie trailer parodies
- Excessive echoes
- Classy VO + Not-so-classy script
- Bad writing + yelling
- Looooooooooong web address
In general, this should be the NOT TO DO LIST for any radio commercials, not just for award submissions. Get creative people!
By the way, this is a perfect way to promote CDs, ECDs, CCOs, GCCOs and what nots. I mean, being a judge to an award is pretty awesome, ain’t it?