Macintosh is 30 years young.
It’s just amazing what the iPhone 5s could do. Okay, that sounded like a line Apple would write on their website. To showcase how the Macintosh has change so many lives 30 years on, Apple gathered 15 camera crews all over the world with one mission – to document a single day in the life of Apple products.
Apple named this movie, “A story 30 years and one day in the making”. A spectacular production of… vanity? That’s probably the word.
From sunrise in Melbourne to nightfall in Los Angeles, they documented people doing amazing things with Apple products. They shot over 70 hours of footage—all with the iPhone 5s. Then it was edited and scored with an original soundtrack. Thanks to the power of the Mac and the innovations it has inspired, an effort that normally takes months was accomplished in a matter of days.
As a birthday celebration, the movie is close to perfection. A simple message that shows Apple’s illustrious history since 1984. From desktop Macs to iPhones, the journey from birth was depicted with much emotions and awesome adventures – entirely shot using the iPhone 5s. Enjoy the movie!
What do you think?
Happy belated Birthday, Mac!
Logos today as we see are simple, clean and straightforward. The symbol of a brand – that we call a logo now – is as important as its colors. It is critical to evolve with the technology and trends of the future to stay in touch with the customers / consumers.
Here are some examples of iconic brands that have changed or evolved their logos from their very humble beginnings to today’s success.
Read this too:
Colors in Logo
25 logos and what it stands for
Evolve for the better
What does these two industry giants have in common? I created this parody advertisements for fun, as I did realise that both have one thing in common. Ad shows a couple of people waiting in a queue. Notice the gap between one another. Can you figure out the similarities?
Check it out!
These are Apple’s TVC ads created for the 2012 Olympics in London and as usual, boasts about anything and everything about them. Creative? I agree. Looks like an improvise version of their Mac series they had it going for quite sometime.
This time around, they aren’t as direct as they used to be where they would attack Windows openly. A little more subtle manner and more focused on their applications and such. Worth the look. Certainly caught my attention.
The point here being that their computers are FAST!
Out of the three, my favorite would be Mayday. What’s yours?
One of my many favorite Ad Campaign ever launched is Apple’s ‘Get a Mac’ series of commercials. The ads feature John Hodgman and Justin Long as ‘PC’ and ‘Mac’ respectively, ranting about life and its mysteries. Enjoy the ads right here. Makes you fall head over heels with Mac again.
Part 1 (19 ads) began in 2006.
6. WALL STREET JOURNAL
7. OUT OF THE BOX
9. WORK vs HOME
12. TRUST MAC
13. BETTER RESULTS
15. SELF PITY
16. GIFT EXCHANGE
17. MEANT FOR WORK
18. SALES PITCH
Which is your favorite 2006 spot?
Decided to Google some cool gadgets and found these amazing keyboards. Each with their own USP, you might want to consider a change of keyboard straightaway.
1. Das Keyboard
Mac Computers now have their choice of keyboard! Now we are moving on…
2. Virtual Laser Keyboard
The Virtual Laser Keyboard (VKB) is a portable gadget with a USB dongle that can be connected to any devices – PCs, Macs, Smartphones, etc… The size is amazingly small, only the size of a Zippo lighter. Now this is what we call portability. If you are one of those night owls that love to burn the midnight oil (in the dark), this is definitely for you.
3. Steampunk Keyboard
This ergonomic design is based on the very rare IBM M-15 split keyboard. This innovative upgrade is from the genius-mind of datamancer. On top of this, there is a touchpad mouse (similar to those on a laptop) built dead-centre of the keyboard. Plus, it has cushion!
4. Optimus Tactus
This genius innovation has no physical keys! It can be fully customized to the users liking where the entire keyboard can be transformed into a Touch Screen panel or even select the type of keyboards (aside from QWERTY) required. Heck, you can even watch movies on the keyboard.
5. 100% Bamboo Keyboard
This is C/C‘s pick! A biodegradable and eco-friendly gadget! Crafted with 100% natural bamboo, this one is definitely a hit for the Green peeps out there. Best of it, there is a Mouse as well! Wonder how it feels like…
Which is your fav?
Saw a tweet by Jeff Bullas (@jeffbullas) and it tickled me. Facebook has become part of (mostly) everybody’s life. It has the same feeling when mobile phones were introduced to the world (and became affordable) – nobody can live without it. So, is it the end of the world when Facebook is down? Social media to hit a snag? What do you do? Start washing your car? Rearrange your desktop? Again, what can you do?
20 THINGS TO DO WHEN FACEBOOK IS DOWN
- Get on to Twitter and send tweets telling everyone that Facebook is down (along with millions of other people tweeting that Facebook has crashed) creating a social media apocalypse that crashes Twitter
- Clean your desk ..again
- Buy Google shares
- Ring your friends and actually have a conversation with awkward silence
- As you can’t fix the fence on Farmville, go and wash your real car
- Send an SMS to your friends announcing to them what they already know.. Facebook is down
- Read your children a story
- Do your tax return
- Write that proposal for your client that you have been meaning to do for days
- Send another Tweet that Facebook is “still” down
- Write a blog post about Facebook being down and the implications for society and our reliance on social media
- Start using Instant Messenger again
- Start planning to create a Facebook competitor
- Get out your 100 point bucket list and discover that there is not one digital goal you want to achieve before you die on the list
- Start a family
- Call your girlfriend and suggest that you have a bit of fun!!
- Email your 1,000 friends and tell them that Facebook is down
- Poke someone with your real finger… then hire a lawyer for sexual harassment
- Start a knitting club
- Do some work
Courtesy of www.jeffbullas.com
- Flood Twitter
- Check who follows you on Twitter
- Check who you are following on Twitter
- Blog about ‘The Next Tragic Death after Jobs’
- Sell fake Zuckerberg business cards
- Inform your designers to remove Facebook logos
- Get a digital Bucket List
- Write to Facebook and inquire about your photos on their site
- Design a Tribute logo
- RT ‘Twitter is No.1 social media site’
- Sell Facebook shares
- Design Time Magazine’s next cover
- Blow the dust off your PS and Xbox (and Wii) and start playing
- Do some real work (like real work)
- Read your kid (or dog) a book
- Move on to Pinterest
- Start a family (nice one Jeff!)
- Prep for the end of world
- Sob for a week and then realizing…
- Life goes on.
Got your own version? Re-blog and keep it going!